Don’t fiddle fool around with emails…take one of the following actions while you’re reading it:
- Respond to it as succinctly and clearly as possible
- File it in one of the folders you created for taking action later (see Tip #2: prioritizing your emails)
- Forward it to someone for action
- Delete it
Kind of like the recommendations for managing the hard copy mail you get at home or the office, eh?
In fact, I sort the mail that comes to my home while standing over a trash bin!
If you forward a message to someone else for action, and need to make sure you know what happens, create a folder or label (gmail) called “Follow up” or something that indicates there is still action needed, in case the person you forwarded it to didn’t get to it or, gasp, their inbox is overflowing and they missed it (in that case, send them a link to these tips).
- During your preset “read my email time” scan your inbox for messages you can delete immediately (see Tip #1: read your email at specific times)
- Sort/prioritize your messages ((see Tip # 2: prioritizing your emails)
- Open the email
- Take action
- Rinse and repeat
- Go do something else that’s probably a lot more fun and profitable!
Your next do-able actions
- Pick ONE (and only ONE) time saving tip to work on for 1 week
- Share your favorite ways to find more time in your day in the comments below
- Help others get more time in their day by sharing this post (Tweet This!)
Don't want to figure this out all by your lonesome? I hear that, so here's what we can do.
Grab your Taste of Freedom call, we'll have a chat (no charge) and see what we can figure out together. Sound like a plan?
To the joy of being a LegallyLazee™ BizOwner!
Hugs & Blessings
P.S. Have you claimed your Taste of Freedom call? If not, it's my treat so put that wallet away!